Sunday, May 17, 2009

Holiday Dorset



I've been rather remiss of late and neglected my little blog spot preferring to run with the crowd, follow the herd and indulge in a spot of tweeting. A little of what you fancy does you no harm as they say although my Aunt who's nearly pushing 90 says I look as though I've indulged a little too much of late. I had to pass on another slice of her homemade cherry cake and refuse a melting moment biscuit. For inspirational mature women though go read Ivy Bean on Twitter, a sprightly young 104 who's amassed a following of over 10,000 in a matter of days. Now if I could only entice her to follow me back I'd be laughing all the way to the bank just as Ivy and her friends must be chortling to themselves at us all.

I have to admit that I have been slightly dismayed by the weather and I feel horribly smug that next week promises beautiful warm weather over in France. But that's not to say we haven't been bewildered by unseasonal flurries of wind and rain sending the guests scurrying for the comfort of the Aga.

However I'm lucky now because I have the opportunity to slope back to Dorset and visit family and friends more regularly since Ryanair decided to open up the route from Carcassonne to Bournemouth, giving me the cherry on the cake, the best of both worlds and the freedom to explore fresh avenues and broaden my horizons. Le Chateau is filling up with holiday makers for the season in complete contradiction to everything written in the press sending us all into spasms of self doubt earlier in the year. I just simply put my head down and worked harder than ever believing fully in myself and what I had to offer.

And I will say, albeit quietly, I think it's paid off.

Now about that free holiday for Ivy and her cronies....

No comments:

Post a Comment